National Highways will be holding public information events as part of their Lower Thames Crossing Local Refinement Consultation events. The consultation runs for 5.5 weeks from Thurs 12th May through to Mon 20th June 2022 inclusive.
You can always view the NH LTC consultation website or call them on 0300 123 5000 for up-to-date information too.
We at TCAG will do our best to update if and when we learn of any changes, but please do double check before attempting to attend any locations.
Below is a list of the Lower Thames Crossing Local Refinement Consultation public information events:
- Thurs 19 May – 2pm-8pm: The Civic Hall, Blackshots Lane, Grays, RM16 2JU
- Fri 20 May – 2pm-8pm: Cascades Leisure Centre, Thong Ln, Gravesend, DA12 4LG
- Mon 23 May – 2pm-8pm: Village Hotel – Maidstone, Castle View, Forstal Road, Kent, Maidstone, ME14 3AQ
- Thurs 26 May – 2pm-8pm: East Tilbury Village Hall, Princess Margaret Road, East Tilbury, RM18 8RB – NEW*
- Fri 27 May – 2pm-8pm: North Street Hall, 24 North Street, Hornchurch, RM11 1QX
- Mon 6 June – 2pm-8pm: East Thurrock Community Association, 77 Corringham Road, Stanford-le-Hope, SS17 0NU
- Tues 7 June – 2pm-8pm: Tilbury Community Association, Civic Square, Tilbury, RM18 8AA
- Thurs 9 June – 2pm-8pm: Bridgewood Manor Hotel, Near Bluebell Hill, Walderslade Woods, Chatham, ME5 9AX
- Fri 10 June – 2pm-8pm: Shorne Village Hall, 16 The Street, Shorne, DA12 3EA
- Mon 13 June – 2pm-8pm: Orsett Hall Hotel, Prince Charles Avenue, Orsett, RM16 3HS
This info is taken from the National Highways consultation website/leaflet.
* This info is taken from an NH/LTC email sent to TCAG in response to us and others raising concerns over the lack of consultation events in East Tilbury, Linford, Chadwell St Mary, South Ockendon (See below).
TCAG note and are concerned that areas such as East Tilbury, Linford, Chadwell St Mary, South Ockendon are not listed as having info events. Clearly these are all areas that would be impacted by the proposed LTC, and the changes that we expect to see in this consultation.
We also note that the info event for those to the northern end of the proposed LTC route is in Hornchurch, so even further away from the areas that would be impacted.
So far there do not appear to be details of any webinar events either, or details of whether British Sign Language interpreters will be present at any of the events.
We have emailed NH/LTC asking questions, and voicing our concerns over these matters. We will share any response we receive.
There are also no weekend events listed.
We will also be commenting on this in our consultation response, and it will form part of our updated Inadequacies of LTC Consultation report that will again be shared with all relevant parties.
We would encourage anyone who feels that the choice of locations, and lack of events in some locations is unacceptable, to please not only email firstname.lastname@example.org to share your concerns, but also to comment on it in your consultation response too please. We have a right to adequate consultation, and clearly NH are not providing that.
Please note these are NOT Thames Crossing Action Group events
Remember the Local Refinement Consultation runs until 23:59 on Monday 20th June 2022. Be sure to have your say!