Here you will find some suggestions on ways you can help the fight against LTC. This page will be update as things progress and other options to help arise, so please check back regularly. (last updated 18 Jan 2020)
Together we are stronger!
Current Calls for action
These are some of the things you can help with now!
Have your say for the Environmental Bill Debate
We all have serious concerns over air quality in regard to the proposed LTC, and British Lung Foundation have set up a quick and easy form to fill in, where you can add your own words too if you wish to get your message across to your local MP.
As we know the whole proposed LTC route would fail against World Health Organisation standards for PM2.5, which is why we feel it important to push for WHO standards for PM2.5 to be enshrined in UK as a matter of urgency. We need and deserve clean air.
Please click here and send a message to your local MP now! It literally takes a couple of minutes. Of course if you prefer to email your local MP directly instead of using this template then that’s great too!
These are things that we need help with on an ongoing basis please
Click through to expand each suggestion, we truly appreciate any help you can offer. Thank you.
Please follow Government guidelines during COVID-19. With many of us using virtual meetings and online chat more, maybe you can help spread the word to others virtually!
Please sign up for our updates, so that we can keep you up to date with any meetings, events, and news relating to the campaign.
Tell others about the mailing list, website, social media accounts, meetings, events, and updates, so that as many people as possible can be involved.
Planning Inspectorate Updates
Register your email address for LTC updates from the Planning Inspectorate here, so that you can get the official updates directly from them too. You will also then be amongst the first to know when it's time to register as an Interested Party, as things progress, so you can continue to have your say!
You can find out more about why this is a good idea here.
If you wish to support TCAG and the campaign please make your payment direct to the Thames Crossing Action Group bank account.
Sort Code: 20-25-19 Account: 53415481
This means of donation replaces the original GoFundMe campaign which has now been closed, and funds transferred to the new bank account.
In the immediate future these funds help us to produce leaflets to promote Community Meetings, hire venues for the meetings, and keep this website online.
In the future we may also need funds for legal representation and the like, so every donation is appreciated and will be used to help the campaign against Option C of the Lower Thames Crossing.
If you'd like to put up a poster showing your opposition feel free to print one of ours out if you wish!
Click the image to the left or click here and download and print!
- The Prime Minister - 10 Downing Street, London, SW1A 2AA or Click Here
- The Secretary of State for Transport - Rt Hon Grant Shapps MP Department for Transport, Great Minster House, 33 Horseferry Road, London, SW1P 4DR grant.shapps@DfT.Gov.uk
- Parliamentary Under Secretary of State (Roads) - Baroness Vere of Norbiton Department for Transport, Great Minster House, 33 Horseferry Road, London SW1P 4DR Baroness.Vere@dft.gov.uk
- Chancellor of the Exchequer - Rt Hon Rishi Sunak MP 1 Horse Guards Road, London SW1A 2HQ firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs - Rt Hon George Eustice MP Seacole Building, 2 Marsham Street, London SW1P 4DF email@example.com
- Highways England Chief Executive - Jim O’Sullivan firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here if you are unsure who your MP is, or are in a different area to those listed below
- Gareth Johnson MP - Dartford - email@example.com
- Adam Holloway MP - Gravesham - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stephen Metcalfe MP - South Basildon and East Thurrock - email@example.com
- Jackie Doyle-Price MP - Thurrock - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Julia Lopez MP - Hornchurch and Upminster - email@example.com
Click through to find your local councillors contact details:
If you specifically wish to contact your local authority (Council) relating to LTC