Here you will find some suggestions on ways you can help the fight against LTC. This page will be update as things progress and other options to help arise, so please check back regularly. (Last updated 12th May 2022)
Together we are stronger!
Current Calls for action
The most important thing at the moment is to please ensure that you review the latest consultation materials and be sure to have your say before 23:59 on Mon 20th June 2022.
Also to please help spread the word to others, and encourage others to take part in the consultation.
You can find out more on the latest consultation, our updates, and how to take part etc via our LTC Local Refinements Consultation Updates Index here.
The Department for Environment, Food, and Rural Affairs (DEFRA) have launched an Environmental Targets Consultation.
The purpose of this consultation is to seek feedback on the proposed targets for a variety of environmental targets, including proposals on Biodiversity on land and in the sea, Water quality and availability, Resource efficiency and waste reduction, and Air quality.
The consultation deadline has now been extended to 27th June 2022, and is another opportunity to have our say, especially with the topic of air quality targets being so relevant to LTC. The new targets will be enshrined in UK law by the end of Oct 2022.
Help record trees
The Woodland Trust is also asking us, the public, to help spot and report ancient, veteran, and notable trees. Obviously they can only know about and try to protect these trees if they know where they are, so please do check on their website if you know of an old tree and see if it has been recorded, and if not please add the details to help build their database HERE.
Need an extra bit of help to ID trees by their leaves? Check out this free download.
Calling all photographers, videographers and budding photographers/videographers
We have some ideas and plans we are working on to help continue to get word out about our fight against the proposed Lower Thames Crossing.
If you have photos/video of areas that would be impacted by the LTC (or be willing to go out and take some) that you’d be willing to share with us and let us use to help with the fight against LTC, please get in touch via email – Thanks
Together we are stronger!
If you need to check areas that would be impacted please refer to the interactive map – https://ltcconsultation.highwaysengland.co.uk/map/
These are some other things you can help with now!
Please download/share some of campaign images on social media etc – click here to view all the available images.
These are things that we need help with on an ongoing basis please
Click through to expand each suggestion, we truly appreciate any help you can offer. Thank you.
Please follow Government guidelines during COVID-19. With many of us using virtual meetings and online chat more, maybe you can help spread the word to others virtually!
Please sign up for our updates, so that we can keep you up to date with any meetings, events, and news relating to the campaign.
Tell others about the mailing list, website, social media accounts, meetings, events, and updates, so that as many people as possible can be involved.
Planning Inspectorate Updates
Register your email address for LTC updates from the Planning Inspectorate here, so that you can get the official updates directly from them too. You will also then be amongst the first to know when it's time to register as an Interested Party, as things progress, so you can continue to have your say!
You can find out more about why this is a good idea here.
If you wish to support TCAG and the campaign please make your payment direct to the Thames Crossing Action Group bank account.
Sort Code: 20-25-19 Account: 53415481
This means of donation replaces the original GoFundMe campaign which has now been closed, and funds transferred to the new bank account.
In the immediate future these funds help us to produce leaflets to promote Community Meetings, hire venues for the meetings, and keep this website online.
In the future we may also need funds for legal representation and the like, so every donation is appreciated and will be used to help the campaign against Option C of the Lower Thames Crossing.
If you'd like to put up a poster showing your opposition feel free to print one of ours out if you wish!
Click the image to the left or click here and download and print!
- The Prime Minister - 10 Downing Street, London, SW1A 2AA or Click Here
- The Secretary of State for Transport - Rt Hon Grant Shapps MP Department for Transport, Great Minster House, 33 Horseferry Road, London, SW1P 4DR grant.shapps@DfT.Gov.uk
- Parliamentary Under Secretary of State (Roads) - Baroness Vere of Norbiton Department for Transport, Great Minster House, 33 Horseferry Road, London SW1P 4DR Baroness.Vere@dft.gov.uk
- Chancellor of the Exchequer - Rt Hon Rishi Sunak MP 1 Horse Guards Road, London SW1A 2HQ email@example.com
- Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs - Rt Hon George Eustice MP Seacole Building, 2 Marsham Street, London SW1P 4DF firstname.lastname@example.org
- Highways England Chief Executive - Nick Harris email@example.com
- Gareth Johnson MP - Dartford - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Adam Holloway MP - Gravesham - email@example.com
- Stephen Metcalfe MP - South Basildon and East Thurrock - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jackie Doyle-Price MP - Thurrock - email@example.com
- Julia Lopez MP - Hornchurch and Upminster - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gravesham Council - email@example.com
- Thurrock Council - LTCAdmin@thurrock.gov.uk
- Havering Council - firstname.lastname@example.org