Before reading this post please consider reading Supplementary Consultation 2020 Step by Step if you haven’t already!
There is also further info on the official Highways England LTC consultation website, and on our website.
Please DO NOT copy and paste any content on our website (or anywhere else for that matter!) into your consultation response. In 2016 HE lumped together 13,000 responses as 1 response as they considered them to be an organised group response as they used a template with a free comments box. We do NOT want a repeat of that this time around, and they have warned us they will do the same again if they consider responses to be organised responses.
Question 6a. Do you support or oppose HE’s revised proposals for the utility works required to build the Lower Thames Crossing?
- Here you have a choice to select from Strongly Support to Strongly Oppose
Question 6b. Please let HE know the reasons for your response to Q6a and any other comments you have on changes to the utility works proposed for the Lower Thames Crossing. When responding to this question, please identify the section of utility works you are referring to.
You may want to ask yourself (in no particular order):
- Why is there an area in Bulphan near the A128 that is is showing as land that will be needed for changes to utilities?
(see – www.thamescrossingactiongroup.com/random-development-boundary-bulphan/)
We know we already mentioned this in Q2a and Q2b, but both questions cover this topic and it doesn’t hurt to keep telling HE your comments!
- What do you think of the 3 possible locations for the new substation? Measuring approximately 70m x 40m what impact will it have visually on the area?(see – www.thamescrossingactiongroup.com/ltc-south-of-the-river)
- Is it acceptable to move the route to the south of the A13 and east of Chadwell approx 60m closer to Linford to avoid moving overhead cables and pylons? Does this sound like cost cutting, since moving utilities is expensive? Do you think this is to improve the Benefit Cost Ratio of the LTC scheme, at the cost to Linford residents wellbeing?
(see page 53/136 – Supplementary Consultation Guide)
- What impact will the Utility works have on your life, journeys from home, to work, shopping etc, the local community and environment? (For Kent see – www.thamescrossingactiongroup.com/ltc-south-of-the-river)
These are not the only things you can comment on, if you think of anything else you feel is relevant and you wish to share, put it in!
Remember any updates we publish after this will be listed in STEP BY STEP UPDATES for quick reference if you wish to review and add further comments! We just haven’t managed to get answers of some stuff still!
Step by step
Click through in order, or to whichever part you wish to view.
Questions 6a and 6b – Utilities (this page!)
The other sections – Indentification questions and Equality and Diversity are not compulsory, fill in what you wish if you wish!
Remember to ensure you use one of the official channels to submit your Lower Thames Crossing Supplementary Consultation response by 23:59 on Wednesday 25th March 2020 Thursday 2nd April 2020.