Before reading this post please consider reading Supplementary Consultation 2020 Step by Step if you haven’t already!
There is also further info on the official Highways England LTC consultation website, and on our website.
Please DO NOT copy and paste any content on our website (or anywhere else for that matter!) into your consultation response. In 2016 HE lumped together 13,000 responses as 1 response as they considered them to be an organised group response as they used a template with a free comments box. We do NOT want a repeat of that this time around, and they have warned us they will do the same again if they consider responses to be organised responses.
Revised development boundary
Question 2a. Do you support or oppose the proposed changes in the area of land that would be required to build the Lower Thames Crossing?
- Here you have a choice to select from Strongly Support to Strongly Oppose
Question 1j. Please let HE know the reasons for your response to Q2a and any other comments you have on any other comments you have on the proposed changes to land that would be required to build the Lower Thames Crossing. This includes feedback on the impact the project would have on any land that you own or have another legal interest in.
You may want to ask yourself (in no particular order):
- Why is there an area in Bulphan near the A128 that is is showing as land that will be needed for changes to utilities?
(see – www.thamescrossingactiongroup.com/random-development-boundary-bulphan/)
- Did you, or do you know anyone who received a letter from HE regarding their property/land? Were the letters clear and easy to understand with adequate info? Are you aware of any letters that were sent out late, ie after the start of consultation? Do you feel it acceptable for residents to be receiving letters late? Are you aware of letters being sent in error, or with mistakes in them? Do you feel that is acceptable? What impacts did any of these letters have on you or people you know in your community? Are you aware that HE have sent erroneous letters previously, are meant to have put safe guards in place, yet have still been sending out erroneous letters causing stress to residents?
(see – www.thamescrossingactiongroup.com/highways-england-have-sent-more-letters-with-errors/)
- Did you find the land use maps and other maps sent by HE helpful or confusing and misleading?
(see – www.thamescrossingactiongroup.com/ltc-map-legends-issued-2020/)
- Did you get an out of office response from anyone in the Land and Property team that clearly stated they deal with emails in regard to both the LTC and the A14 Cambs project? If so do you feel it acceptable or right that staff are working on two projects of such scale? Do you feel this has any impact on how quickly and efficiently the staff might respond to you and others, due to their workload?
These are not the only things you can comment on, if you think of anything else you feel is relevant and you wish to share, put it in!
Remember any updates we publish after this will be listed in STEP BY STEP UPDATES for quick reference if you wish to review and add further comments! We just haven’t managed to get answers of some stuff still!
Step by step
Click through in order, or to whichever part you wish to view.
Questions 2a and 2b – Revised development boundary (this page!)
The other sections – Indentification questions and Equality and Diversity are not compulsory, fill in what you wish if you wish!
Remember to ensure you use one of the official channels to submit your Lower Thames Crossing Supplementary Consultation response by 23:59 on Wednesday 25th March 2020 Thursday 2nd April 2020.