Before reading this post please consider reading Supplementary Consultation 2020 Step by Step if you haven’t already!
There is also further info on the official Highways England LTC consultation website, and on our website.
Please DO NOT copy and paste any content on our website (or anywhere else for that matter!) into your consultation response. In 2016 HE lumped together 13,000 responses as 1 response as they considered them to be an organised group response as they used a template with a free comments box. We do NOT want a repeat of that this time around, and they have warned us they will do the same again if they consider responses to be organised responses.
Lower Thames Crossing and its junction with the M25
Question 1i. Do you support or oppose the proposed changes in the area around the M25 junction 29?
- Here you have a choice to select from Strongly Support to Strongly Oppose
Question 1j. Please let HE know the reasons for your response to Q1i and any other comments you have on the proposed changes in the area around the M25 junction 29.
You may want to ask yourself (in no particular order):
- Do you think that the M25 Junction 29 and LTC/M25 junction should be considered one large and stretched out junction, since you can only access the A127 from the M25 heading northbound from the M25/LTC junction?
- Was it clear to you how this junction works, and how it connects to the LTC/M25 junction?
- What do you think about the new parallel road that runs up the side of the M25 between the LTC and the A127 (junction 29)?
- Do you think it will be confusing that to come off the M25 northbound onto the A127 (what we currently know as Junction 29) will actually mean coming off around 1.7 miles south of the actual A127 roundabout, using the LTC junction and new parallel road?
- Do you think the section of M25 that will become 5 lanes wide if LTC goes ahead will be able to easily and efficiently migrate onto the LTC southbound when there is an incident, since the LTC southbound is only 2 lanes now all the way down to just past the A13?
- Will this not cause a huge bottleneck effect that will result in traffic trying to cut along the A127 and A12 onto the A128 and then having to take the Stanford Detour?
These are not the only things you can comment on, if you think of anything else you feel is relevant and you wish to share, put it in!
Remember any updates we publish after this will be listed in STEP BY STEP UPDATES for quick reference if you wish to review and add further comments! We just haven’t managed to get answers of some stuff still!
Step by step
Click through in order, or to whichever part you wish to view.
Questions 1i and 1j – M25 junction 29 (this page!)
The other sections – Indentification questions and Equality and Diversity are not compulsory, fill in what you wish if you wish!
Remember to ensure you use one of the official channels to submit your Lower Thames Crossing Supplementary Consultation response by 23:59 on Wednesday 25th March 2020 Thursday 2nd April 2020.