Before reading this post please consider reading Supplementary Consultation 2020 Step by Step if you haven’t already!
There is also further info on the official Highways England LTC consultation website, and on our website.
Please DO NOT copy and paste any content on our website (or anywhere else for that matter!) into your consultation response. In 2016 HE lumped together 13,000 responses as 1 response as they considered them to be an organised group response as they used a template with a free comments box. We do NOT want a repeat of that this time around, and they have warned us they will do the same again if they consider responses to be organised responses.
HE would welcome any other comments you would like to make about the Lower Thames Crossing.
- Here you have a chance to comment on anything and everything else you wish to comment on in relation to the Lower Thames Crossing!
You may want to ask yourself (in no particular order):
- Have you experienced any issues in regard to the Ground Investigation, and Archaeological Trial Trenching survey works while they have been carried out? Are you aware that some contractors started working on some GI/ATT sites earlier than HE expected and without informing HE? Did you experience any anti social behaviour in relation to these sites, such as vehicles being parked on footpath/cycle routes? Or have issue with bright security lighting rigs dazzling you while driving along near sites? Has mud from the GI/ATT sites been an issue on local roads and caused you concern? Did you have any issues with LTC staff with regard to these sites, like access on footpaths/highways? Have you witnessed any LTC related vehicles causing any damage or hazards in the area, such as mud on roads, bright lighting, getting stuck in ditches, causing issues on narrow lanes, damage to trees and verges?
- Do you have any questions or concerns over no permanent replacement as LTC Project Director, since Tim Jones resigned in July last year? Do you feel the interim Project Director has been noticeable by their absence? Do you feel the Interim Project Director should have been more visible and hands on, interacting with the public, attending meetings such as the LTC Task Force meetings, interacting with our MPs? Do you feel taxpayers money has been well spent on an Interim that has been noticeable by their absence?
- Do you feel the info about GI/ATT and more recently Utitlity Trial Trenching survey works has been clear and informative, and provided adequate information?
(see – www.thamescrossingactiongroup.com/utility-trial-trenching-surveys/)
- Do you have any concerns about how the LTC could impact our emergency services ability to respond on top of covering the M25, Lakeside, Bluewater etc as well as LTC if it goes ahead? What provisions are being put in place to ensure there is adequate coverage of emergency services without extra pressure being put on them?
- Why have we ended up with Option C3? Why after the 2013 consultation response reported that Location A was the most supported, and Location C was the second least supported, public wanting Location A, business wanting Location C, did the Government ask HE to consult us on both Location A and Location C in the 2016 consultation, yet HE held a biased consultation in favour or Location C?
(update on this to be added very soon!)
- In light of the outcome of the recent Heathrow Expansion ruling and Chris Grayling being found to have acted unlawfully, should there be an investigation into his decision on his choice of the preferred route for LTC?
(see – www.thamescrossingactiongroup.com/the-heathrow-run-way-effect/)
- Do you feel there is adequate Emergency Vehicle access to LTC and the A1089 south?
(see – www.thamescrossingactiongroup.com/smart-ltc-aspects-of-safety/)
These are not the only things you can comment on, if you think of anything else you feel is relevant and you wish to share, put it in!
Remember any updates we publish after this will be listed in STEP BY STEP UPDATES for quick reference if you wish to review and add further comments! We just haven’t managed to get answers of some stuff still!
Step by step
Click through in order, or to whichever part you wish to view.
Question 8 – Other Comments (this page!)
The other sections – Indentification questions and Equality and Diversity are not compulsory, fill in what you wish if you wish!
Remember to ensure you use one of the official channels to submit your Lower Thames Crossing Supplementary Consultation response by 23:59 on Wednesday 25th March 2020 Thursday 2nd April 2020.