As outlined in those posts there is also info on the official HE website and on our website.
Please DO NOT copy and paste any content on our website (or anywhere else for that matter!) into your consultation response. In 2016 HE lumped together 13,000 responses as 1 response as they considered them to be an organised group response as they used a template with a free comments box. We do NOT want a repeat of that this time around, and they have warned us they will do the same again if they consider responses to be organised responses.
Question 3 – Sections of the route
- For the purposes of this consultation question, we have divided our proposed route for the Lower Thames Crossing into three sections, starting with the section south of the river in Kent, then the crossing under the Thames, and finally the section to the north of the river in Thurrock, Essex and Havering.A detailed description of our proposed route for the Lower Thames Crossing is in Section 5 of Your guide to consultation, also Approach to Design, Construction and Operation, the Preliminary Environmental Information Report (PEIR) and our Map Books.
South of the river in Kent
- This refers to the section of the proposed route starting at the M2/A2 and ending to the south of the southern tunnel entrance. It also includes the proposed improvements to sections of the M2/A2 around the junction with the Lower Thames Crossing.Included in the scope of question 3a and 3b are the route, structures such as bridges, embankments, viaducts and any other aspect that you wish to comment on. Please note, question 4 provides an opportunity to comment on connections between the Lower Thames Crossing and the surrounding road network.
Q3a. Do you support or oppose the proposed route south of the river?
- Here you have a choice to select from Strongly Support to Strongly Oppose
You may find this doc that the Lower Thames Crossing Association created for south of the river helpful – https://ltca.org.uk/featured/a-guide-to-completing-the-consultation-questionnaire
Q3b. Please give us your comments or any other views you have on the proposed route south of the river, including structures such as bridges, embankments and viaducts.
Consider what happens when traffic has to migrate between the two crossings when there is an incident at either.
Tell them what you think of impacts of LTC to the area.
Do you consider the ‘green bridge’ is adequate?
What do you think of the impact to Southern Valley Golf Course
Do you have concerns over the impact to Shorne Country Park? The air, noise, light pollution? How will impact the habitat and wildlife, as well as your enjoyment of the area?
What are your concerns over the impact to local roads like Thong Lane, Brewers Road?
Is it acceptable for LTC to be so close to residential areas?
- This refers to two bored tunnels beneath the Thames, the southern tunnel entrance and the northern tunnel entrance.Included in the scope of question 3c is the route, structures such as bridges, embankments, viaducts and any other aspect that you wish to comment on.Please note, question 4 provides an opportunity to comment on connections between the Lower Thames Crossing and the surrounding road network.
Q3c. Please give us your comments on the tunnel, the north and the south tunnel entrances and any other feedback you have on this part of the proposed route.
Do you have concerns that the road through the tunnel is now 3 lanes, but no hard shoulder?
Originally the tunnel was to be two lanes with provision for a third for future proofing. Do you have concerns over this being an adequate solution, since there is no room for future proofing?
Would it be better if there were provision for trains, trams, pedestrians, cyclists etc?
Do you have concerns that this will be a motorway crossing, so pedestrians, cyclists and others will not be able to use it as an alternative crossing?
With all the concern over climate change and taking care of our environment should this crossing allow no motorised vehicle access also to encourage greener cleaner sustainable travel?
What provisions do HE have in place in the tunnels for disabled users (wheel chair friendly escape routes)?
Is the tunnel in the right place? If not, tell them where you feel it should be?
Does the tunnel come out far enough inland in both directions? If not, tell them!
Have you got concerns over the spoil during construction, contamination, where will it be used?
Do you have concerns over service access roads, and plant room/control building?
Should the control building be concealed into the tunnel portal? Are you concerned over it’s visual impact to the area?
Are you concerned over emergency vehicle access to the tunnels?
Do you have concerns over pollution? Will there be air filtration systems near the tunnel entrances? How much pollution will be released at the portals?
North of the river in Thurrock, Essex and Havering
- This refers to the section of the proposed route starting immediately north of the northern tunnel entrance and ending at the connection with the M25 at junction 29, and the related improvement works at the M25.Included in the scope of question 3d and 3e are the route, structures such as bridges, embankments, viaducts and any other aspect that you wish to comment on.Please note, question 4 provides an opportunity to comment on connections between the Lower Thames Crossing and the surrounding road network.
Q3d. Do you support or oppose the proposed route north of the crossing?
- Here you have a choice to select from Strongly Support to Strongly Oppose
Do you think the tunnel and route are the best solution and in the right location?
Q3e. Please give us your comments or any other views you have on the proposed route north of the river, including structures such as bridges, embankments and viaducts.
Consider what happens when traffic has to migrate between the two crossing when there is an incident at either crossing. Are there adequate connections? Will the routes be able to cope?
Tell them what you think of the impacts of LTC to the area.
Are the impacts to Thames Chase, The Wilderness, Manor Farm, Mary Magdalene’s Church, agricultural land (inc Grade 1 listed), Bulphan and Orsett fens, Orsett Windmill, Gammonfields, Grade 2 listed cottages, stable yards and grazing, the Orsett Showground, farmland, Tilbury Marshes, 2 Forts Walks, Coalhouse Fort, East Tilbury, East Tilbury Village, West Tilbury, everywhere along and around the route to the north of the Thames acceptable?
Do you have concerns about the impact of construction of the various bridges and connections during construction and to our local roads and communities? Tell them.
If you use Ockendon Road the section over the railway will be closed while they realign the road to it due to the changes that the LTC/M25/A127 junction will inflict. What diversion will be in place? How will it impact you? How will it impact buses? How will it impact people attending the Crematorium?
The elevation of North Road, South Ockendon appears to be higher than it needs to be. Advice is only needs to be 4 m not 6m. Why is this?
Are you happy about the viaduct over the Mardyke?
Do you feel the Mardkye will be able to cope with all the extra surface water etc? Have they given adequate info as to why a section of the Mardyke is in the development boundary?
Do we need and deserve more and deeper cut and cover throughout the LTC route? Why do HE always seem to say it costs too much? What is the price on our health and well being?
Are HE considering the safety of public rights of way users seriously? Will there be a safe crossing across the southside of the A127 roundabout?
What impact will the adjustments to Stifford Clays Road have on communities?
Do you have concerns over bottlenecks created by the LTC? Should the LTC drop to 2 lanes creating a bottleneck? Should the M25 drop from 4 lanes to 3 for a section, another bottleneck? What impacts to the A13 will it have where it will drop from 3 lanes to 2 just past the Orsett Cock heading westbound?
What impact will LTC traffic have on the A13 eastbound between the LTC and Stanford junction, just after all the money that is being spent on the A13 widening project to improve things for everyone?
If Southend Airport is so keen for this crossing to allow more customers from Kent to access them avoiding the Dartford Crossing, what provisions will be put into place on the A13 and A127 for them to access the airport from the LTC?
Do you feel there is enough flood and environmental mitigation proposed? Have we been given enough info about what the mitigation will be?
Are you convinced that the trees they plant as mitigation will be adequate, especially since it will take years for them to grow large enough to do the job needed?
Is the impact to residents all along and surrounding the route acceptable?
How will the weather impact the sections across the fens, that are renowned for high winds and fog? Will this cause accident hot spots especially in Winter?
How does it affect your community?
How close will it come to your home, places you visit, schools, play areas, workplace and how will the pollution, noise and visual structure, impact on you?
How will the increased traffic on local roads impact on your journeys?
If you have already submitted your response and you think of something else you want to add, just submit your additional comments/feedback via email or mail. We have checked with HE and this is acceptable.
- Freepost – Send comments to: FREEPOST LTC CONSULTATION
(The freepost address is the only text needed on the envelope, and no stamp is required)
- Email – Email your comments to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not send to any other address or email, as they may not be included as consultation responses
As well as the official info on the Highways England website which you can find here – https://highwaysengland.citizenspace.com/ltc/consultation/
You may also find the following helpful too:
Along with this for the south of the river
Your Response – Step by step
LTC Consultation – Your Response
LTC Consultation – Question 1
LTC Consultation – Question 2
LTC Consultation – Question 3 (this page!)
LTC Consultation – Question 4
LTC Consultation – Question 5
LTC Consultation – Question 6
LTC Consultation – Question 7
LTC Consultation – Question 8
LTC Consultation – Question 9
LTC Consultation – Question 10
LTC Consultation – Question 11
LTC Consultation – Question 12
LTC Consultation – Question 13
LTC Consultation – Question 14