Before reading this post please consider reading Design Consultation 2020 Step by Step if you haven’t already!
There is also further info on the official Highways England LTC consultation website, and on our website.
Please DO NOT copy and paste any content on our website (or anywhere else for that matter!) into your consultation response. In 2016 HE lumped together 13,000 responses as 1 response as they considered them to be an organised group response as they used a template with a free comments box. We do NOT want a repeat of that this time around, and they have warned us they will do the same again if they consider responses to be organised responses.
Environmental imapcts and how HE plan to reduce them
Question 3a. Do you support or oppose the changes to the environmental impacts of the Lower Thames Crossing?
- Here you have a choice to select from Strongly Support to Strongly Oppose
Question 3b. Please let HE know the reasons for your response to Q3a and any other comments you have on the environmental impacts of the proposed changes to the Lower Thames Crossing.
You may wish to read:
LTC impacts on solar farms – www.thamescrossingactiongroup.com/ltc-impacts-to-solar-farms/
LTC impacts on farming – www.thamescrossingactiongroup.com/ltc-impacts-on-farming/
LTC impacts on leisure – www.thamescrossingactiongroup.com/ltc-impacts-on-leisure/
LTC Toxic Triangle (PM2.5 levels) – www.thamescrossingactiongroup.com/ltc-toxic-triangle/
Impacts of LTC on forests and woodlands – www.thamescrossingactiongroup.com/impacts-of-ltc-on-forests-and-woodlands/
The Wilderness, needs protecting – www.thamescrossingactiongroup.com/the-wilderness/
You may want to ask yourself (in no particular order):
- Were you aware that you could request a physical paper copy of the Environmental Impacts Update to be sent to you if needed?
- Do you think that considering this question focuses purely on the environmental impacts that the update booklet should have been sent as part of the consultation packs to those that ordered one? Or at very least the option to have one included in the pack be offered up front when ordering the packs?
- Do you think that the Environmental Impacts Update’s references to comparison with the PEIR document are acceptable, especially when you consider some areas of the development boundary didn’t exist when the PEIR was created in 2018?
- Are you happy about the impacts of LTC on ancient woodland?
- Are you happy about the impacts of LTC on agricultural land, including that which is grade 1?
- Do you feel we have been provided enough information on the environmental aspects of LTC?
- Do you have concerns over pollution (air, noise, light, vibration etc)
- Do you think we should have been provided some info on the proposed lighting for LTC?
- Do you think we should have been provided with some info, or the opportunity to comment on ideas for the in-tunnel environment? Especially when you consider some DartCharge users have recently been invited to take part in a survey on the interior designs (lights, visual appearance) of new tunnels.
- Do you have concerns that the whole LTC route would fail against World Heath Organisation (WHO) standards for PM2.5?
- Since the Mayor of London has committed London to WHO standards on PM2.5 by 2030, and the northern part of the LTC route falls in the London Borough of Havering do you feel this should be taken into account? If it should then should the areas along the rest of the route be given the same consideration?
- Do you have concerns over the carbon emissions of LTC, including from construction?
- Do you have concerns that LTC would not be Carbon Net Zero?
- What are your opinions of electric vehicles, since that is always a Highways England excuse against concerns about pollution?
- Do you have concerns about the impacts of LTC to the greenbelt?
- Do you think that people should be consulted at the relevant time as to the materials, heights, and effectiveness of the noise barriers?
- Do you think you have been provided enough info and data about noise pollution?
- Has there been adequate info about the possible use of any low noise road surfaces?
- Do you have concerns about what ventilation facilities will be used for the tunnel where they will be located, what they will look like, and the impacts to the local environment, air quality, and noise?
- Do you have concerns over the impacts of LTC during construction, ie 24 hour tunelling, construction sites being open from 6am-11pm etc? Does it concern you that HE consider summer working hours to fall between March and November?
- Do you have concerns about the impacts LTC would have on communities once operational?
- Do you have concerns on the LTC impacts to wildlife and their habitats?
- Do you have concerns over the loss of connectivity for wildlife with the LTC cutting through such a huge area of land?
- Do you have concerns about Cranham Solar Farm being demolished? What about the implication of loss of green energy?
- Do you have concerns over how the environmental impacts will affect the way you spend your leisure time?
- What other environmental impact concerns do you have in relation to the LTC?
These are not the only things you can comment on, if you think of anything else you feel is relevant and you wish to share, put it in!
Remember any updates we publish after this will be listed in STEP BY STEP UPDATES for quick reference if you wish to review and add further comments! We just haven’t managed to get answers of some stuff still!
Step by step
Click through in order, or to whichever part you wish to view.
Questions 3a and 3b – Environmental impacts and how we plan to reduce them – THIS PAGE!
The other sections – Indentification questions and Equality and Diversity are not compulsory, fill in what you wish if you wish!
You may wish to double check our Step by Step Updates page just in case we’ve added anything you may wish to consider in your own response before submitting it!
Remember to ensure you use one of the official channels to submit your Lower Thames Crossing Design Refinement Consultation response by 23:59 on Wednesday 12th August 2020.