Before reading this post please consider reading Design Consultation 2020 Step by Step if you haven’t already!
There is also further info on the official Highways England LTC consultation website, and on our website.
Please DO NOT copy and paste any content on our website (or anywhere else for that matter!) into your consultation response. In 2016 HE lumped together 13,000 responses as 1 response as they considered them to be an organised group response as they used a template with a free comments box. We do NOT want a repeat of that this time around, and they have warned us they will do the same again if they consider responses to be organised responses.
Revised development boundary
Question 2b. Do you support or oppose the proposals put forward regarding special category land and sports clubs?
- Here you have a choice to select from Strongly Support to Strongly Oppose
Question 1j. Please let HE know the reasons for your response to Q2c and any other comments you have on any other comments you have on the proposals regarding special category land and sports clubs.
You may wish to read:
LTC impact to special category land – www.thamescrossingactiongroup.com/ltc-impacts-to-special-category-land/
LTC impacts on leisure – www.thamescrossingactiongroup.com/ltc-impacts-on-leisure/
LTC impacts on farming – www.thamescrossingactiongroup.com/ltc-impacts-on-farming/
Impacts of LTC on forests and woodlands – www.thamescrossingactiongroup.com/impacts-of-ltc-on-forests-and-woodlands/
Then you might may want to ask yourself (in no particular order):
- Do you or anyone you know use these places? If so how will the changes impact your use/enjoyment?
- How will these changes impact your local community?
- Do you think it is right to be destroying such special places?
- Do you have concerns over the impact to ancient woodland?
- How do you feel about the impact this would have on the Orsett Show?
- Do you have concerns that it may limit the shows ability to continue it’s long history of having an annual show?
- How do you feel about the impact LTC would have on the stables, yards, and grazing with so many being impacted?
- What do you think about the fact there is no consideration to listed properties along the proposed route?
- What about the impact to special category agricultural land, like Grade 1 agricultural land?
These are not the only things you can comment on, if you think of anything else you feel is relevant and you wish to share, put it in!
Remember any updates we publish after this will be listed in STEP BY STEP UPDATES for quick reference if you wish to review and add further comments! We just haven’t managed to get answers of some stuff still!
Step by step
Click through in order, or to whichever part you wish to view.
Questions 2c and 2d – Special category land and sports clubs – THIS PAGE!
The other sections – Indentification questions and Equality and Diversity are not compulsory, fill in what you wish if you wish!
You may wish to double check our Step by Step Updates page just in case we’ve added anything you may wish to consider in your own response before submitting it!
Remember to ensure you use one of the official channels to submit your Lower Thames Crossing Design Refinement Consultation response by 23:59 on Wednesday 12th August 2020.