Before reading this post please consider reading Design Consultation 2020 Step by Step if you haven’t already!
There is also further info on the official Highways England LTC consultation website, and on our website.
Please DO NOT copy and paste any content on our website (or anywhere else for that matter!) into your consultation response. In 2016 HE lumped together 13,000 responses as 1 response as they considered them to be an organised group response as they used a template with a free comments box. We do NOT want a repeat of that this time around, and they have warned us they will do the same again if they consider responses to be organised responses.
M25 junction 29 area proposals
Question 1i. Do you support or oppose the proposed changes in the area around the M25 junction 29?
- Here you have a choice to select from Strongly Support to Strongly Oppose
Question 1j. Please let HE know the reasons for your response to Q1i and any other comments you have on the proposed changes in the area around the M25 junction 29.
You may wish to read:
LTC impacts on solar farms – www.thamescrossingactiongroup.com/ltc-impacts-to-solar-farms/
LTC Development Boundary stretches to J28 on M25 – www.thamescrossingactiongroup.com/ltc-development-boundary-stretches-to-j28-on-the-m25/
Havering Council’s concerns over LTC – www.thamescrossingactiongroup.com/havering-councils-concerns-over-ltc/
LTC/M25/A127 (J29) Junctions – www.thamescrossingactiongroup.com/ltc-m25-a127-j29-junction/
You may want to ask yourself (in no particular order):
- Do you have any questions or comments about the fact that the development boundary stretches right up to junction 28 without any apparent explanation, and has been hidden away without any real detail?
- Do you have concerns about Cranham Solar Farm being demolished? What about the implication of loss of green energy?
- Do you have any comments about the maintenace access tracks?
- What do you think about the fact that no noise barriers are proposed in this area?
- What do you think about the amendments to walking, cycling, horse riding routes?
- Are you concerned about the fact there will not be an option to safely cross on the south side of the J29 roundabout? Do you think the new footbridge over the A127 helps this?
- How do you feel about all the additional land required for utilites works?
- Are you concerned that Havering residents will not be entitled to an LTC local residents discount to use the crossing, despite the fact it impacts Havering?
- Do you have concerns that the current junction 29 heading northbound on the M25 will be replaced with the new slip road as part of the new LTC/M25 junction, miles prior to the actual junction?
- Do you have concerns over the new parallel road from the new LTC/M25 junction upto the J29 roundabout?
- Do you have any concerns over the impacts that works in this area will have on local roads, and connectivity? inc M25 and A127
- Is there anything else you have concerns over regarding this area of the proposed LTC route?
These are not the only things you can comment on, if you think of anything else you feel is relevant and you wish to share, put it in!
Remember any updates we publish after this will be listed in STEP BY STEP UPDATES for quick reference if you wish to review and add further comments! We just haven’t managed to get answers of some stuff still!
Step by step
Click through in order, or to whichever part you wish to view.
Questions 1i and 1j – North of the river in Thurrock and Essex (M25 junction 29 area proposals) – THIS PAGE!
The other sections – Indentification questions and Equality and Diversity are not compulsory, fill in what you wish if you wish!
You may wish to double check our Step by Step Updates page just in case we’ve added anything you may wish to consider in your own response before submitting it!
Remember to ensure you use one of the official channels to submit your Lower Thames Crossing Design Refinement Consultation response by 23:59 on Wednesday 12th August 2020.