Before reading this post please consider reading Design Consultation 2020 Step by Step if you haven’t already!
There is also further info on the official Highways England LTC consultation website, and on our website.
Please DO NOT copy and paste any content on our website (or anywhere else for that matter!) into your consultation response. In 2016 HE lumped together 13,000 responses as 1 response as they considered them to be an organised group response as they used a template with a free comments box. We do NOT want a repeat of that this time around, and they have warned us they will do the same again if they consider responses to be organised responses.
Lower Thames Crossing/M25 area proposals
Question 1g. Do you support or oppose the proposed changes in the area around the Lower Thames Crossing and its junction with the M25?
- Here you have a choice to select from Strongly Support to Strongly Oppose
Question 1h. Please let HE know the reasons for your response to Q1g and any other comments you have on the proposed changes in the area around the Lower Thames Crossing and its junction with the M25.
You may wish to read:
LTC impacts on solar farms – www.thamescrossingactiongroup.com/ltc-impacts-to-solar-farms/
North Rd ‘green’ bridge – www.thamescrossingactiongroup.com/north-rd-green-bridge/
Havering Council’s concerns over LTC – www.thamescrossingactiongroup.com/havering-councils-concerns-over-ltc/
LTC/M25/A127 (J29) Junctions – www.thamescrossingactiongroup.com/ltc-m25-a127-j29-junction/
The Wilderness, needs protecting – www.thamescrossingactiongroup.com/the-wilderness/
LTC Noise Barriers – www.thamescrossingactiongroup.com/ltc-noise-barriers/
You may want to ask yourself (in no particular order):
- What comments do you want to make about the North Rd ‘green’ bridge?
- What do you think about the impact of LTC on the proposed South Ockendon solar farms?
- Do you have concerns about the relocation of construction site 13?
- Do you have any comments about the relocation/realignment of footpath 136 and footpath 252? Do you think a footpath connecting South Ockendon and North Ockendon would be beneficial?
- Do you have any comments about the maintenance access tracks?
- Do you have any concerns over the new 6m high 200m long retaining wall, or diversion of the watercourse near the Ockendon landfill (south of LTC)?
- What do you think about the proposed reduction in flood storage areas across the fens?
- Do you have any comments about the additional utilties works in the vicinity of North Rd (B186)?
- What do you think about the sewer diversion works from Ockendon Rd to St Mary’s Lane via the B186?
- What do you think about the new electricity susbstation off Clay Tye Rd in the vicinity of the access to Clay Tye Farm?
- What do you think about how many noise barriers are being proposed? Do you think they are adequate? Are they in the right locations, and effectively placed?
- Do you think that people should be consulted at the relevant time as to the materials, heights, and effectiveness of the noise barriers?
- What do you think about the reduction in woodland planting north of Thames Chase to accomodate a new maintenance access track and multi-utilities diversion?
- What do you think about the reduction in woodland planting within The Wilderness as a result of a watercourse diversion?
- Do you have concerns that the current junction 29 heading northbound on the M25 will be replaced with the new slip road as part of the new LTC/M25 junction, miles prior to the actual junction?
- Do you have concerns over the new parallel road from the new LTC/M25 junction upto the J29 roundabout?
- Do you have any concerns over the impacts that works in this area will have on local roads, and connectivity? inc M25 and A127
- Is there anything else you have concerns over regarding this area of the proposed LTC route?
These are not the only things you can comment on, if you think of anything else you feel is relevant and you wish to share, put it in!
Remember any updates we publish after this will be listed in STEP BY STEP UPDATES for quick reference if you wish to review and add further comments! We just haven’t managed to get answers of some stuff still!
Step by step
Click through in order, or to whichever part you wish to view.
Questions 1g and 1h – North of the river in Thurrock and Essex (Lower Thames Crossing/M25 area proposals) – THIS PAGE!
The other sections – Indentification questions and Equality and Diversity are not compulsory, fill in what you wish if you wish!
You may wish to double check our Step by Step Updates page just in case we’ve added anything you may wish to consider in your own response before submitting it!
Remember to ensure you use one of the official channels to submit your Lower Thames Crossing Design Refinement Consultation response by 23:59 on Wednesday 12th August 2020.