Before reading this post please consider reading Design Consultation 2020 Step by Step if you haven’t already!
There is also further info on the official Highways England LTC consultation website, and on our website.
Please DO NOT copy and paste any content on our website (or anywhere else for that matter!) into your consultation response. In 2016 HE lumped together 13,000 responses as 1 response as they considered them to be an organised group response as they used a template with a free comments box. We do NOT want a repeat of that this time around, and they have warned us they will do the same again if they consider responses to be organised responses.
A13/A1089 area proposals
Question 1e. Do you support or oppose the proposed changes in the area around the A13/A1089 junction?
- Here you have a choice to select from Strongly Support to Strongly Oppose
Question 1f. Please let HE know the reasons for your response to Q1e and any other comments you have on the proposed changes in the area around the A13/A1089 junction.
You may want to read:
Issues of London Resort and LTC – www.thamescrossingactiongroup.com/issues-of-london-resort-and-ltc/
The Stanford Detour – www.thamescrossingactiongroup.com/the-stanford-detour/
LTC Noise Barriers – www.thamescrossingactiongroup.com/ltc-noise-barriers/
You may want to ask yourself (in no particular order):
- What do you think about the removal of the false cutting between the A128 Brentwood Rd and Hoford Rd?
- What do you think about the changes to two A13 merge layouts?
- What comments would you like to make about the proposed woodland areas off Baker St, Orsett which would be surrounded by the LTC, LTC sliproads, and A13?
- What do you think about the amendments to shared paths near the A13/A1089 area? Do you have concerns that footpath 97 seems to be disappearing between the A1089 and Long Lane?
- Do you think it acceptable to say they are removing the proposed footpath under the A13 because it would be too close to the LTC, yet just a little further north they are proposing bringing the footpath closer to the LTC?
- Do you have any comments about the relocation of the Travellers site? Do you think it is right and fair that they will be trapped between the LTC and a construction site for goodness knows how long? Do you feel it fair that they haven’t been given any real options of where they will be relocated to?
- What do you think about the emergency access roads between the LTC and Brentwood Rd, and the A1089 and Heath Rd?
- Do you have any comments about the maintenance access tracks in the area?
- What do you think about the extension to utility works along the B188 High Rd in Orsett, which would now come much further through the village?
- What do you think about the new permanent gas pipeline compound at Stanford Rd (on the left just past the firestation heading towards Stanford)? Do you feel you have been provided enough info about this? Do you have concerns over what it might look like, and the impact it could have (visually and audibly)?
- What do you think about the additional multi utility works off Mill Lane, Orsett?
- Do you have any comments about the 7 new permanent electricity substations (in the vicinity of Brook Farm off Brentwood Rd and High House Lane, along Hornsby Lane in the vicinity of Heath Place, along Hornsby Lane, up to 250 metres north-east of Gower Lane, in the vicinity of Hornsby Lane and Foxes Green, along Heath Rd in the vicinity of Stanford Rd (1013), and in the vicinity of Stanford Rd and Rectory Rd, Orsett)?
- What do you think about how many noise barriers are being proposed? Do you think they are adequate? Are they in the right locations, and effectively placed?
- Do you think that people should be consulted at the relevant time as to the materials, heights, and effectiveness of the noise barriers?
- Although not a refinement change in this consultation, this section would also be a good place to voice any concerns you have over the Stanford Detour. In addition to all the previous reasons surrounding the Stanford Detour, do you now have additional concerns after the London Resort theme park have announced parking facilites in Tilbury with access via the A1089 which would add to the Stanford Detour fiasco?
- Do you have any concerns over the impacts that works in this area will have on local roads, and connectivity? inc A13
- Is there anything else you have concerns over regarding this area of the proposed LTC route?
These are not the only things you can comment on, if you think of anything else you feel is relevant and you wish to share, put it in!
Remember any updates we publish after this will be listed in STEP BY STEP UPDATES for quick reference if you wish to review and add further comments! We just haven’t managed to get answers of some stuff still!
Step by step
Click through in order, or to whichever part you wish to view.
Questions 1e and 1f – North of the river in Thurrock and Essex (A13/A1089 area proposals) – THIS PAGE!
The other sections – Indentification questions and Equality and Diversity are not compulsory, fill in what you wish if you wish!
You may wish to double check our Step by Step Updates page just in case we’ve added anything you may wish to consider in your own response before submitting it!
Remember to ensure you use one of the official channels to submit your Lower Thames Crossing Design Refinement Consultation response by 23:59 on Wednesday 12th August 2020.