Before reading this post please consider reading Design Consultation 2020 Step by Step if you haven’t already!
There is also further info on the official Highways England LTC consultation website, and on our website.
Please DO NOT copy and paste any content on our website (or anywhere else for that matter!) into your consultation response. In 2016 HE lumped together 13,000 responses as 1 response as they considered them to be an organised group response as they used a template with a free comments box. We do NOT want a repeat of that this time around, and they have warned us they will do the same again if they consider responses to be organised responses.
Tilbury area proposals
Question 1c. Do you support or oppose the proposed changes in the Tilbury area?
- Here you have a choice to select from Strongly Support to Strongly Oppose
Question 1d. Please let HE know the reasons for your response to Q1c and any other comments you have on the proposed changes around the Tilbury area.
You may wish to read:
LTC Noise Barriers – www.thamescrossingactiongroup.com/ltc-noise-barriers/
You may want to ask yourself (in no particular order):
- What are your opinions on the landform near the northern tunnel portals? Do you think it is a good idea to have public access so close to the tunnel portal entrance/exit? If there is to be any kind of barrier between the landform and portals do you think it will impact the local area visually? Do you think there may be a risk that the landform has the potential to become a suicide location? Could it become a location for anti-social behaviour?
- Do you have concerns about what ventilation facilities will be used for the tunnel where they will be located, what they will look like, and the impacts to the local environment, air quality, and noise?
- What do you think about the proposed realignment of footpath 61, and footpath 200?
- What do you think about Muckingford Rd being realigned and widened to accommodate a new shared path route for walkers and cyclists?
- What do you think about the maintenance access tracks in the area?
- What do you think about the re-establishment of the Tilbury watercourse, south of the railway and north of Station Rd?
- What do you think about the utility refinements proposed for the area?
- How do you feel about a new water supply being installed from the Linford borehole (in Lower Crescent), and a water main near Fort Rd and Gun Hill, down to the main construction site?
- How do you feel about the works to the water supply from the Dock Rd/Hume Ave?
- What do you think about the additional multi-utilites works in the area?
- What do you think about the permanent electricity substations along Muckingford Rd in the vicinity of Ashlea Farm, and to the north of the Tilbury Loop railway and south-west of Cole Rd?
- What do you think about how many noise barriers are being proposed? Do you think they are adequate? Are they in the right locations, and effectively placed?
- Do you think that people should be consulted at the relevant time as to the materials, heights, and effectiveness of the noise barriers?
- Do you feel that you have been provided enough information about things like the design of the viaduct over the railway?
- Do you have any concerns over potential impacts to the operation of railway line if construction, especially the new water pipeline that goes under the railway, causes any issues?
- Do you have any concerns over the impacts that works in this area will have on local roads, and connectivity? inc the A13
- Is there anything else you have concerns over regarding this area of the proposed LTC route?
These are not the only things you can comment on, if you think of anything else you feel is relevant and you wish to share, put it in!
Remember any updates we publish after this will be listed in STEP BY STEP UPDATES for quick reference if you wish to review and add further comments! We just haven’t managed to get answers of some stuff still!
Step by step
Click through in order, or to whichever part you wish to view.
Questions 1c and 1d – North of the river in Thurrock and Essex (Tilbury area proposals) – THIS PAGE!
The other sections – Indentification questions and Equality and Diversity are not compulsory, fill in what you wish if you wish!
You may wish to double check our Step by Step Updates page just in case we’ve added anything you may wish to consider in your own response before submitting it!
Remember to ensure you use one of the official channels to submit your Lower Thames Crossing Design Refinement Consultation response by 23:59 on Wednesday 12th August 2020.