Before reading this post please consider reading Design Consultation 2020 Step by Step if you haven’t already!
There is also further info on the official Highways England LTC consultation website, and on our website.
Please DO NOT copy and paste any content on our website (or anywhere else for that matter!) into your consultation response. In 2016 HE lumped together 13,000 responses as 1 response as they considered them to be an organised group response as they used a template with a free comments box. We do NOT want a repeat of that this time around, and they have warned us they will do the same again if they consider responses to be organised responses.
Question 1 – South of the river in Kent
M2/A2 area proposals
Question 1a. Do you support or oppose the proposed changes south of the river?
- Here you have a choice to select from Strongly Support to Strongly Oppose
Question 1b. Please let HE know the reasons for your response to Q1a and any other comments you have on the proposed changes south of the river.
You may wish to read:
LTC Noise Barriers – www.thamescrossingactiongroup.com/ltc-noise-barriers/
You may want to ask yourself (in no particular order):
- Do you agree with the impact to Shorne Woods Country Park?
- Do you agree with the impact to ancient woodlands?
- Do you agree with the loss of Southern Valley Golf Course?
- What do you think about the stockpiling of chalk in the golf course site during construction and for up to 3 years after LTC opening?
- What do you think about the electricity substation?
- What do you think about the refinements to Brewers Rd and Thong Lane ‘green’ bridges?
- What do you think about the 20m long, 2m high concrete retaining wall alongside HS1 land?
- What do you think about the new parking area to the east of Thong Lane ‘green’ bridge over the LTC? Do you have concerns over who will manage and maintain the car park? Do you have concerns the car park may encourage anti-social behaviour? Do you have concerns a car park may result in additional littering?
- Do you have any concerns over the maintenance access tracks?
- What do you think about the utility refinements in the area?
- Do you have concerns about what ventilation facilities will be used for the tunnel where they will be located, what they will look like, and the impacts to the local environment, air quality, and noise?
- Do you have any comments about the new permanent electricity switching station in Thong Lane?
- Do you have any comments about the permanent electricity substations in the vicinity of Henhurst Rd, and the access to the HS1 Maintenance Depot, in the vicinity of the existing Cobham Service area, and on Thong Lane in the vicinity of Gravelhill Wood?
- Do you have comments about the extension to the gas diversion along Valley Drive?
- What do you think about the landscaping proposals in the area?
- What do you think about how many noise barriers are being proposed? Do you think they are adequate? Are they in the right locations, and effectively placed?
- Do you think that people should be consulted at the relevant time as to the materials, heights, and effectiveness of the noise barriers?
- What do you think about the refinement to the shared path for walkers, cyclists, horse riders at Thong Lane ‘green’ bridge over the LTC?
- Whilst not a refinement made in this consultation, it was hidden away in previous consultation. What do you think about the fact that the sliproad off the A2 coastbound onto the LTC is just 1 lane? Do you have concerns about how this will impact when there is an incident at the Dartford Crossing and traffic migrates to LTC to cross the river, all having to try and get through a single lane bottleneck?
- Do you have any concerns over the impacts that works in this area will have on local roads, and connectivity? inc the M2/A2
- Is there anything else you have concerns over regarding this area of the proposed LTC route?
These are not the only things you can comment on, if you think of anything else you feel is relevant and you wish to share, put it in!
Remember any updates we publish after this will be listed in STEP BY STEP UPDATES for quick reference if you wish to review and add further comments! We just haven’t managed to get answers of some stuff still!
Step by step
Click through in order, or to whichever part you wish to view.
Questions 1a and 1b – South of the river in Kent (M2/A2 area proposals) – THIS PAGE!
The other sections – Indentification questions and Equality and Diversity are not compulsory, fill in what you wish if you wish!
You may wish to double check our Step by Step Updates page just in case we’ve added anything you may wish to consider in your own response before submitting it!
Remember to ensure you use one of the official channels to submit your Lower Thames Crossing Design Refinement Consultation response by 23:59 on Wednesday 12th August 2020.