Before reading this post please consider reading Design Consultation 2020 Step by Step if you haven’t already!
There is also further info on the official Highways England LTC consultation website, and on our website.
Please DO NOT copy and paste any content on our website (or anywhere else for that matter!) into your consultation response. In 2016 HE lumped together 13,000 responses as 1 response as they considered them to be an organised group response as they used a template with a free comments box. We do NOT want a repeat of that this time around, and they have warned us they will do the same again if they consider responses to be organised responses.
HE would welcome any other comments you would like to make about the Lower Thames Crossing.
- Here you have a chance to comment on anything and everything else you wish to comment on in relation to the Lower Thames Crossing!
You may want to read:
Issues of London Resort and LTC – www.thamescrossingactiongroup.com/issues-of-london-resort-and-ltc/
The Stanford Detour – www.thamescrossingactiongroup.com/the-stanford-detour/
LTC Smart Motorway? – www.thamescrossingactiongroup.com/ltc-smart-motorway/
Proposed Construction Hours/Routes – www.thamescrossingactiongroup.com/proposed-construction-hours-routes/
Estimated Cost per mile – www.thamescrossingactiongroup.com/estimated-cost-per-mile-update/
You may want to ask yourself (in no particular order):
- Do you have concerns that the proposed LTC will not solve the issues we all suffer with due to the Dartford Crossing?
- Does it concern you that the Dartford Crossing will still be over capacity even if LTC goes ahead?
- Do you think there is a better solution to solving the problems at the Dartford Crossing?
- Do you have any concerns over the road safety aspects of LTC?
- Are you concerned about LTC being a ‘smart’ road? ie no hard shoulder and ‘smart’ tech
- Do you think you have been provided enough information as to where the Emergency Refuge Areas are, and how far apart they would be?
- Do you think there is adequate access for Emergency Service to access the LTC and the A1089?
- Do you have any concerns over the impact LTC would have on our Emergency Services locally?
- Do you have any concerns about the impact on connectivity for Emergency Services during construction?
- Do you think the LTC would support sustainable local development and regional economic growth in the medium to long term?
- Do you think the LTC is affordable to Government and users?
- Do you think the cost of up to £8.2b is acceptable? Do you believe they will stick to that estimate?
- Does it concern you that the LTC is more expensive per mile than HS2? Is it value for money?
- Do you think LTC would minimise adverse impacts on health and the environment?
- Do you think the LTC will impact the existing road network negatively?
- What do you think about user charges for the LTC?
- Do you think it right and fair that only Gravesham and Thurrock residents will be eligible for the local residents discount scheme?
- How do you feel this and the charging in general will impact the choice of which crossing drivers use?
- Has enough info been provided as to whether you will be able to have one account to cover the user charges for both crossings?
- What will happen when one crossing has an incident and drivers need to migrate to the other crossing if your account doesn’t cover you for both crossings?
- Do you think that the impacted communities should benefit financially ongoing from the user charging? ie a percentage allocated to the local communities who are most impacted by LTC
- Do you have concerns over the construction of the LTC? ie hours, compound locations, sustainability of the works
- Do you think it would be beneficial for the impacted local authorities to have responsibility of discharging requirements, rather than it being up to the Department for Transport? ie if there are decisions about certain things moving forward that would usually be up to the Department for Transport would you feel happier if that responsibility could be given to the impacted local authorities?
- Do you think it is acceptable that cyclists will not be offered the same free crossing service for LTC as they do at the Dartford Crossing?
- Is it right that the LTC only accomodates motorised vehicles? What about sustainable travel?
- Do you have any concerns about the fact HE are not taking the traffic that the London Resort theme park would generate into the LTC plans?
- Do you have concerns about how traffic will migrate between the two crossings when there is an incident? Do you think HE should have to factor how the traffic will migrate into their plans?
- What else concerns you about the LTC that you haven’t already comment on?!
These are not the only things you can comment on, if you think of anything else you feel is relevant and you wish to share, put it in!
Remember any updates we publish after this will be listed in STEP BY STEP UPDATES for quick reference if you wish to review and add further comments! We just haven’t managed to get answers of some stuff still!
Step by step
Click through in order, or to whichever part you wish to view.
Question 4 – Other Comments – THIS PAGE!
The other sections – Indentification questions and Equality and Diversity are not compulsory, fill in what you wish if you wish!
You may wish to double check our Step by Step Updates page just in case we’ve added anything you may wish to consider in your own response before submitting it!
Remember to ensure you use one of the official channels to submit your Lower Thames Crossing Design Refinement Consultation response by 23:59 on Wednesday 12th August 2020.